Welcome to the EUREDIE Virtual Summer School!
We are delighted to have you join us for this enriching event, designed to empower Early Career Researchers (ECRs) in the field of interculturality and language education research. Throughout this virtual journey, we aim to foster collaboration, knowledge exchange, and skill development, creating a dynamic platform for professional growth and meaningful connections.
As we embark on this exciting endeavour, we invite you to explore the comprehensive agenda below, outlining the modules and activities that await you. This carefully curated program will provide a diverse range of learning opportunities, including workshops, expert lectures, collaborative projects, self-study, and case studies.
Purpose of the Virtual Summer School:
- to equip participating ECRs with the knowledge and skills to carry out research studies that are both sensitive and responsive to the inherent diversity and underlying interculturality through enhanced theoretical input, case studies, and problem- and research-oriented tasks that comprise different issues from the field of interculturality and are connected to language education research.
- to develop a critical understanding of culture & interculturality
- to compare and contrast different models of interculturality
- to recognize and apply research methodologies on interculturality and interculturality-sensitive studies
- to identify and manage diversity and inclusion in the language classroom
- to develop reflexivity, reflection, and criticality
Module 1: Synchronous Joint Sessions Date: July 24, 2023 – August 4, 2023
Description: Engage in live workshops, expert-led lectures, and collaborative project work with fellow ECRs.
Module 2: Self-study Module Date: September 7, 2023 – September 9, 2023
Description: Immerse yourself in self-directed study, reflective tasks, and independent exploration of topics.
Module 3: Tasks and Cases Date: September 19, 2023 – September 28, 2023
Description: Delve into real-life ELT cases and tasks, solving challenges and engaging in group discussions.
We encourage you to actively participate in all modules and take advantage of the valuable learning opportunities presented during the summer school. The online setting provides a flexible and accessible platform for fostering new ideas, building professional connections, and enhancing your skills as emerging language education researchers.
Please ensure you have access to a computer or mobile device with a stable internet connection to fully engage in the online sessions. As you prepare for the summer school, be on the lookout for further emails containing detailed instructions, access links, and any updates to the agenda.
We sincerely hope you find the EUREDIE Virtual Summer School to be a transformative experience, leaving you inspired and equipped to make a positive impact on the ELT community.
Thank you for your enthusiastic participation in this journey of knowledge and growth. We eagerly await your virtual presence and look forward to meeting you soon.
- A six-week online intensive summer school
- Three two-week modules
- The first module will involve synchronous joint sessions of core seminars and workshops pertaining to the theoretical and methodological perspectives and issues of the field,
- The second module will incorporate self-study days supported by interactive discussion, exchange and reflection sessions that will be carried out simultaneously by the selected mentors from each partner university and will involve a joint round-table discussion at the end,
- The third module will be composed of joint sessions focusing on case studies and problem-oriented and research-oriented tasks in light of the first two modules of the study program.
- The intensive summer school modules will be delivered online through the digital platform created.